Obtaining a New Business Tax Receipt
How to Obtain an Orange County Business Tax Receipt
The Tax Department is located at 200 S. Orange Avenue, 16th Floor, Orlando, FL 32801.
The Business Tax Application and Declaration must contain:
- Any County or State License, Certification or Competency Card, when appropriate; and
- Business Tax Receipts required by other jurisdictions.
Steps to Obtain a Business Tax Receipt
1. Submit an Application with Orange County Zoning Division
Please Note: Business Tax Receipt Applications Must Now be Submitted Online.
Due to COVID-19, Orange County Zoning Division will not accept Business Tax Receipt Applications in person until further notice. To submit electronically, please follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Business Tax Application and Declaration.
- Submit the completed Business Tax Receipt Application in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘BTR’ in the subject line of the email.
- The Zoning Division will review your application. Should any additional information or documentation be required, you will be contacted.
- Once approved, you will receive an email notifying you of approval with a link to Fast Track Online Services. Create a Fast Track account, and pay fees. When creating your account, please chose the ‘Zoning/BZA; user category. You will receive a temporary password via email, once you have logged in and changed this password, you are ready to pay fees.
2. After County Fees Are Paid, Visit our Tax Department
Applicants must bring their Sunbiz Registration and original Social Security Card or provide their Federal Tax ID Number to complete the Business Tax Receipt process.
- Zoning forwards the completed Business Tax Application and Declaration to our Tax Department;
- Business Code is assigned;
- Applicant pays the Business Tax Receipt fee; and
- Applicant is issued a Business Tax Receipt.
Some Florida Statutes and Orange County Ordinances may require our office to see proof of compliance before issuing certain Business Tax Receipts.
Requirements Inside Municipalities
The cities of Apopka, Belle Isle, Eatonville, Edgewood, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, Windermere, Winter Garden and Winter Park require local Business Tax Receipts. A local Business Tax Receipt must be obtained before applying for an Orange County Business Tax Receipt.
The cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista do not issue a local Business Tax Receipt. Businesses located in these cities must obtain a local Business Tax Receipt from Orange County.