Obtaining a New Business Tax Receipt
How to Obtain an Orange County Business Tax Receipt
The Tax Department is located at 200 S. Orange Avenue, 16th Floor, Orlando, FL 32801.
The Business Tax Application and Declaration must contain:
- Any County or State License, Certification or Competency Card, when appropriate; and
- Business Tax Receipts required by other jurisdictions.
Steps to Obtain a Business Tax Receipt
1. Visit the Orange County Zoning Department
Located downtown in the County Administrative Building, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801
- Applicant completes and signs the Business Tax Application and Declaration;
- Zoning determines whether or not the zoning classification is proper for the proposed use;
- Zoning checks for consistency with the comprehensive policy plan; and
- Applicant pays the Application Review fee.
2. Visit our Tax Department
Applicants must bring their Sunbiz Registration and original Social Security Card or provide their Federal Tax ID Number to complete the Business Tax Receipt process.
- Zoning forwards the completed Business Tax Application and Declaration to our Tax Department;
- Business Code is assigned;
- Applicant pays the Business Tax Receipt fee; and
- Applicant is issued a Business Tax Receipt.
Some Florida Statutes and Orange County Ordinances may require our office to see proof of compliance before issuing certain Business Tax Receipts.
Requirements Inside Municipalities
The cities of Apopka, Belle Isle, Eatonville, Edgewood, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, Windermere, Winter Garden and Winter Park require local Business Tax Receipts. A local Business Tax Receipt must be obtained before applying for an Orange County Business Tax Receipt.
The cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista do not issue a local Business Tax Receipt. Businesses located in these cities must obtain a local Business Tax Receipt from Orange County.