The Business Tax Department is located in the SunTrust Building, 16th Floor, 200 S. Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801.
The Business Tax Application and Declaration must contain:
- Any County or State License, Certification or Competency Card, when appropriate; and
- Business Tax Receipts required by other jurisdictions.
Obtaining an Orange County Business Tax Receipt
Applicants must complete the following steps to obtain a Business Tax Receipt from Orange County:
1. Orange County Zoning Department (located downtown in the County Administrative Building, 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando)
- Applicant completes and signs the Business Tax Application and Declaration;
- Zoning determines whether or not the zoning classification is proper for the proposed use;
- Zoning checks for consistency with the comprehensive policy plan; and
- Applicant pays the Application Review fee.
2. Business Tax Department
Please note: Applicants must bring their original Social Security Card or provide their Federal Tax ID Number to complete the Business Tax Receipt process.
Applicants must bring their Sunbiz Registration. (Learn more about registering your business.)
- Zoning forwards the completed Business Tax Application and Declaration to the Business Tax Department;
- Business Code is assigned;
- Applicant pays the Business Tax Receipt fee; and
- Applicant is issued a Business Tax Receipt.
Requirements Inside Municipalities
The cities of Apopka, Belle Isle, Eatonville, Edgewood, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, Windermere, Winter Garden and Winter Park require local Business Tax Receipts. A local Business Tax Receipt must be obtained before applying for an Orange County Business Tax Receipt.
Exceptions: The cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista do not issue a local Business Tax Receipt. Businesses located in these cities must obtain a local Business Tax Receipt from Orange County.
Note: Some Florida Statutes and Orange County Ordinances may require our office to see Proof of Compliance before issuing particular Business Tax Receipts.