This week we discovered that two employees of ours and one contracted vendor employee have tested positive for COVID-19, and as we continue to wish them–and everyone impacted by the pandemic–good health, we’d like to tell you about some of the steps we’ve taken to protect our workforce and the public.
The employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 are employed at the following locations:
- West Oaks Mall – This employee has limited interaction with customers and last reported to work on June 17.
- Sand Lake – This vendor contracted employee has limited interaction with customers and last reported to work on June 16.
- Administration (Downtown) – This employee does not interact with customers and last reported to work on June 11.
After we became aware of the positive test results Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, we took immediate action to thoroughly clean and disinfect the impacted offices and to inform all staff members at the West Oaks Mall, Sand Lake and Administration locations.
We initiated contact tracing this morning to determine which other employees, if any, may have had prolonged close exposure of less than six feet to the positive employees. All employees are granted leave and encouraged to be tested for COVID-19. At this time, the impacted locations will remain open.
Our office is also determining which customers have interacted with the West Oaks Mall and Sand Lake positive employees in recent days, and that information will be provided to the Department of Health.
Since reopening on May 4, our offices have served customers by appointment only, imposed social distancing and travel policies, installed physical plexiglass barriers, mandated temperature checks for employees and customers, and have taken other steps intended to keep you and our workforce safe. Those practices will remain in effect for the foreseeable future. Additionally, effective this morning in support of Orange County’s Executive Order on face masks and coverings, all customers are required to wear a face mask or covering in order to be served.
How can you help?
Most customers can complete their transactions online or through the mail, including:
- Vehicle, Vessel and Mobile Home Registration Renewals – Renew online at octaxcol.com or by returning their tag renewal notice with payment to P.O. Box 779003, Orlando, FL 32877. Visit services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb for assistance with problems related to registrations.
- Florida Driver Licenses and ID Cards – Renew, replace or update online with the State of Florida at gorenew.com. Visit services.flhsmv.gov/DLCheck for assistance with problems related to driver’s licenses.
- Titles – Visit octaxcol.com/titlebymail or email us by using the contact form at octaxcol.com/contact. Obtain a paper title online with the State of Florida at gorenew.com. Visit services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb for assistance with problems related to titles.
- Disabled Parking Placards – Email us by using the contact form at octaxcol.com/contact or send the completed application to P.O. Box 779003, Orlando, FL 32877. Download the application at flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/83039.pdf.
Do not visit us in person if you are experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms, or if you’ve come into contact with someone who has. Please continue to maintain a safe distance from our employees and other customers and wash and sanitize your hands thoroughly.
Orange County Tax Collector