Orange County Tax Collector

Motor Vehicles

Registration & Tag Renewals

Under Florida law, all vehicles that operate on Florida roads must have a valid registration. Vehicles with an out-of-state registration must be registered in Florida within 10 days of the owner of the vehicle establishing residency.

On This Page

  • Renew Your Tag
  • Suspensions, Holds & Violations
  • Address and Name Changes
  • Surrender License Plate by Mail
  • New Florida Residents
  • Vehicle Registration Fees


A Certificate of Title for a vehicle, vessel or mobile home is a legal document, available in paper form or electronically, that establishes a person or entity as the legal owner of a vehicle, vessel or mobile home in Florida. Generally speaking, most vehicles, vessels and mobile homes must be titled in Florida; mopeds, motorized bicycles and trailers which weigh less than 2,000 pounds do not require a title.

On This Page

  • Titles with Joint Ownership
  • Title Fees
  • Electronic Titles
  • Paper Titles
  • Replacement and Duplicate Paper Titles
  • Miscellaneous Title Applications and Transfers
  • Hope Scholarship Program
  • Dealer & Commercial Accounts

Vehicle Sales & Purchases

You must complete, sign and submit a Notice of Sale to our office within 30 days of selling a vehicle, vessel or mobile home. The Notice of Sale can be completed either on the back of the Certificate of Title or by using form HSMV-82050 - Notice of Sale and/or Bill of Sale for a Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home, Off-Highway Vehicle or Vessel.

On This Page

  • Notice of Sale
  • How to Complete a Florida Title
  • Private Sales (Selling to an Individual)
  • Private Purchases (Purchasing from an Individual)
  • Existing Liens
  • Purchasing from a Florida Dealership
  • Trading to a Dealership


All license plates, also known as tags in Florida, are valid for a period of ten years. On the tenth year of a vehicle’s registration renewal, a new tag will be issued.

On This Page

  • How to Surrender Your Plate
  • Specialty Plates
  • Personalized Plates
  • Temporary Plates


All motorized vessels, commercial and private, must be registered and titled in Florida in order to operate on Florida’s public waterways. If you purchase a new or used vessel, you must register and title the vessel within 30 days of purchase.

On This Page

  • Vessel Registration

Mobile Homes

All mobile homes must be registered in Florida. Mobile homes will be issued a numbered decal, as opposed to a license plate, according to the length of the mobile home. Double wide and triple wide mobile homes are considered two and three separate units, respectively; therefore, each unit must be registered separately. Decals must be displayed in the lower left-hand corner of the window located closest to the street.

On This Page

  • Mobile Home Registration
  • Mobile Home Real Property Decals

Tag & Title By Mail

Follow the checklist to process your title transaction through the mail. Please mail your completed paperwork along with your original title, signed application forms and a check or money order made payable to Scott Randolph or Orange County Tax Collector to Orange County Tax Collector, P.O. Box 545100, Orlando FL 32854.

On This Page

  • Title Transfer Checklist
  • How to Complete a Florida Title

Estimated Fee Calculator

Disabled Parking Placards

A Florida Disabled Parking Placard may be issued to any individual with specific disabilities that limit or impair their ability to walk or who is certified as legally blind. Certification must be made by a physician or other certifying practitioner. The placard is valid for 4 years and expires on the applicant’s birthday. Customers with temporary disabilities may apply for a Temporary Placard for up to 6 months.

On This Page

  • Florida Disabled Parking Placards
  • Temporary Disabled Parking Placards for Florida Visitors