When will your offices reopen?
Effective Monday, May 4 at 8:30 am, all motor vehicle offices are open to the public by appointment only.
What are the office's social distancing guidelines?
Our offices will adhere to strict social distancing guidelines that every customer must follow in order to be served, including:
- Customers should wash their hands thoroughly before visiting our office;
- All customers are strongly encouraged to wear face masks and bring hand sanitizer with them;
- Customers should sanitize their hands before they enter our office;
- Our lobbies will not be open to the public. Customers are not permitted to wait in the lobby;
- All customers must wait in their cars until their number is called via text message;
- Once their number is called, customers will proceed to the building and will be asked a series of screening questions before they are permitted to enter;
- Customers should come alone. Guests will not be permitted;
- To protect customers and our employees, a plexiglass barrier has been installed at each open service window; and
- Customers should maintain a distance of at least six feet from all other customers and employees.
What are the office's screening questions?
Each customer will have their temperature taken before entering the building, and if they have a fever at or above 99 degrees Fahrenheit, that customer will be asked to leave. Each customer will also be asked the following screening questions:
- YES or NO:
- Do you currently have COVID-19?
- In the last fourteen days, have you had symptoms of COVID-19?
- In the last fourteen days, have you been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results?
- In the last fourteen days, have you had contact with anyone who would answer “yes” to the first three questions?
- YES or NO, in the last fourteen days, have you had any of the following:
- A new fever (99°F or higher), or a sense of having a fever?
- A new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- A new sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
Any customer that answers “yes” to the above screening questions will be immediately asked to leave.
Do you have any "drive through" services.
Our services are provided online, by mail or in person by appointment only.
Click here to visit our Tag & Title by Mail page for instructions on processing your title transaction through the mail.
Have driver's license expirations been extended?
Per the Governor’s Executive Order, all driver’s licenses and IDs that expire between March 16 – April 15 are extended for 60 days; all driver’s licenses and IDs that expire between April 16 – April 30 are extended for 30 days; and all driver’s licenses and IDs that expire between May 1 – May 31 are extended for 30 days.
How can I renew my driver's license online?
You can renew your driver’s license or ID card online if you are a US citizen, have a gold star in the upper right-hand corner of the credential, and if it is current. Click here to renew your driver’s license or ID card online.
Can I reinstate my driver's license online?
Unfortunately not, it can only be done through the mail or the State DMV office in Tallahassee. Call the State’s automated reinstatement hotline at (850) 617-3000.
What is the cost to renew my driver's license online?
Tag & Title
Have registration expirations been extended?
Unfortunately the Governor’s Executive Order did not extend the expiration date for motor vehicle, vessel and mobile home registrations.
How can I renew my tag online?
You can renew your tag on our website. Click here to renew.
Can I pay to renew my tag via phone?
No, but you can renew your tag online or through the mail. Click here to renew.
How long will it take to receive my registration if I renew my tag via mail?
We have 10 days to process the work once it is received. However, it may take longer as we have a much larger volume now due to the office closures.
Can I transfer my title online?
Unfortunately not, but you can do so through the mail. Click here to visit our Tag & Title by Mail page for instructions on processing your title transaction.
How can I process my dealer work?
Visit Orange Auto Tag Agency at 11210 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837 or First Orange Tag Agency at 718 Garden Plaza, Orlando, FL 32803.
How can I renew or obtain a disabled parking placard online?
Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
My CDL has expired and I am unable to renew it. What can I do?
Commercial driver licenses with expiration dates on or after March 16, 2020, are extended through June 30, 2020. See Emergency Order issued April 13, 2020 at https://www.flhsmv.gov/floridahighway-patrol/commercial-vehicle-enforcement/emergency-declarations/
Will I have to pay a delinquent fee?
The delinquent renewal fees are waived during the extension period for commercial driver licenses. See Emergency Order issued April 13, 2020 at https://www.flhsmv.gov/florida-highway-patrol/commercialvehicle-enforcement/emergency-declarations/
My CLP has expired and I am unable to renew it. What can I do?
Commercial learner’s permits with expiration dates on or after March 16, 2020, are extended through June 30, 2020. See Emergency Order issued April 13, 2020 at https://www.flhsmv.gov/floridahighway-patrol/commercial-vehicle-enforcement/emergency-declarations/
You may also continue to drive if you meet the conditions of the following FMCSA Waiver:
This waiver is effective March 28, 2020 and expires either on June 30, 2020, or the revocation of the President’s declaration of national emergency under 42 U.S.C. § 5191(b) related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), whichever is sooner.
Waives the requirement under 49 CFR 383.25(a)(1) that a CLP holder be accompanied by a CDL holder with the proper CDL class and endorsements, seated in the front seat of the vehicle while the CLP holder operates a CMV on public roads or highways.
Under the terms, conditions, and restrictions of this waiver, a CLP holder may:
- Operate a CMV on public roads or highways without an accompanying CDL holder present in the front seat of the vehicle, provided that the CDL holder is elsewhere in the cab; AND
- The CLP holder is in possession of evidence from the testing jurisdiction, including an authorized third-party tester, that the CLP holder has passed the CDL driving skills test; AND
- The CLP holder has a valid non-CDL driver’s license, CLP, and medical certificate (unless the FMCSA waiver issued on March 24, 2020 applies).
NOTE: This waiver is applicable to CLP holders who have passed the CDL Skills Test. Prior to taking and passing the Skills Test, the CLP holder may only operate a CMV when accompanied by a CDL holder who is seated in the passenger seat next to the driver. See FMCSA waiver issued March 28, 2020 at https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/emergency/three-month-waiver-response-covid19-emergency-states-and-clp-holders-operating
My Medical Examiner’s Certificate (Med Card) has expired and I cannot find a provider to issue me a new one. What do I do?
The requirements for the possession of a medical examiner’s certificate, are waived through June 30, 2020, provided the commercial driver has proof of a valid medical certification that was issued for a period of 90 days or longer and expired on or after March 1, 2020. See Emergency Order issued April 13, 2020 at https://www.flhsmv.gov/florida-highway-patrol/commercial-vehicleenforcement/emergency-declarations/
I have a CDL with a HAZMAT endorsement that has expired. What do I need to do in order to maintain my HAZMAT endorsement?
If your CDL has been extended under the criteria listed above, you do not need to do anything. Your HAZMAT endorsement will remain valid until the new CDL expiration.
I have a valid CLP and wish to take the Skills Test but am unable to find and open test site. What can I do?
Many test sites remain open. You may call (850) 617-2707 to find out which sites are still open for testing. Since this information is changing on a daily basis, you may also contact the testing sites directly to determine if they are operational. A list of all sites authorized to conduct skills tests can be found at: https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licenses-id-cards/commercial-motor-vehicledrivers/commercial-driver-license/third-party-skill-test-sites/
What is the property tax payment deadline?
Per the Governor’s Executive Order, the property tax payment deadline was extended from March 31, 2020 to April 15, 2020. All mail payments must be postmarked by April 15.
Do you have the ability to extend the payment deadline locally in Orange County?
No, unfortunately we do not have the authority to extend the deadline beyond the Governor’s April 15, 2020 deadline.