The Business Tax Receipt process begins at the Business Tax Department, located in the Orange County Administration Building, 201 S. Rosalind Avenue, 2nd Floor, Orlando, FL 32801.
The Application for Payment of Orange County Business Tax must contain:
- Any County or State License, Certification or Competency Card, when appropriate; and
- Business Tax Receipts required by other jurisdictions.
Requirements Inside Municipalities
The cities of Apopka, Belle Isle, Eatonville, Edgewood, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, Windermere, Winter Garden and Winter Park require Local Business Tax Receipts. A Local Business Tax Receipt must be obtained before applying for an Orange County Business Tax Receipt.
Exceptions: The cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista do not issue a Local Business Tax Receipt. Businesses located in these cities must obtain a Local Business Tax Receipt from Orange County.
Requirements Outside Municipalities
Applicants must complete the following steps to obtain a Local Business Tax Receipt from Orange County:
1. Business Tax Department
- Business Code is assigned;
- Applicant is advised that Orange County Health Department approval will be required if the business is utilizing a septic tank; and
- Applicant signs disclaimer on Business Tax Application.
2. Zoning Department
- Zoning determines whether or not the zoning classification is proper for the proposed use;
- Zoning checks for consistency with the comprehensive policy plan; and
- Applicant pays Application Review Fee.
3. Business Tax Department
Note: Some Florida Statutes and Orange County Ordinances may require our office to see Proof of Compliance before issuing particular Business Tax Receipts.