The Business Tax Department is located in the SunTrust Building, 16th Floor, 200 S. Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801.
The Business Tax Application and Declaration must contain:
- Any County or State License, Certification or Competency Card, when appropriate; and
- Business Tax Receipts required by other jurisdictions.
Obtaining an Orange County Business Tax Receipt
Applicants must complete the following steps to obtain a Business Tax Receipt from Orange County:
1. Orange County Zoning Department (located in the County Administrative Building)
- Applicant completes and signs the Business Tax Application and Declaration;
- Zoning determines whether or not the zoning classification is proper for the proposed use;
- Zoning checks for consistency with the comprehensive policy plan; and
- Applicant pays the Application Review fee.
2. Business Tax Department
Please note: Applicants must bring their original Social Security Card or provide their Federal Tax ID Number to complete the Business Tax Receipt process.
- Zoning forwards the completed Business Tax Application and Declaration to the Business Tax Department;
- Business Code is assigned;
- Applicant pays the Business Tax Receipt fee; and
- Applicant is issued a Business Tax Receipt.
Requirements Inside Municipalities
The cities of Apopka, Belle Isle, Eatonville, Edgewood, Maitland, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, Windermere, Winter Garden and Winter Park require local Business Tax Receipts. A local Business Tax Receipt must be obtained before applying for an Orange County Business Tax Receipt.
Exceptions: The cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista do not issue a local Business Tax Receipt. Businesses located in these cities must obtain a local Business Tax Receipt from Orange County.
Note: Some Florida Statutes and Orange County Ordinances may require our office to see Proof of Compliance before issuing particular Business Tax Receipts.