Residents are Encouraged to Pay Property Taxes, Renew Vehicle Tags Online during the Busy Holiday Season
$2 eCheck Charge for Online Property Tax Payments has been Waived
Orange County Tax Collector Scott Randolph today announced that the Tax Collector’s Office, including the Tax Department and seven Tag Agencies, will be closed on Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
November is one of the busiest months of the year at the Tax Collector’s Office. The office expects to complete more than 90,000 in-person transactions – about 4,500 transactions per day – at its Tax Department and seven Tag Agencies this month. The office will also process approximately 100,000 online and mail transactions.
In addition to annual expired tags, November 30 is the deadline for customers to receive a 4% Early Payment Discount on their property taxes.
To avoid long lines, Randolph is encouraging customers to follow these tips:
- Pay your taxes online in November for a 4% discount – We’ve waived the $2 eCheck charge to encourage online payments.
- Renew your tag online – You’ll receive it 2-3 business days after we process payment.
- Use Tag Express for same-day tag service – Order your tag online and pick it up the same day at one of our tag agencies – no lines.
- Get in line virtually with SmartPass to be served today – We’ll send you text message updates estimating the time at which you’ll be served.
- Schedule an appointment with SmartPass for a later date – Select the date and time of your visit.
“With the holiday season around the corner, the last thing people want to do is wait in line. That’s why we offer so many convenient, easy-to-use online services,” Tax Collector Scott Randolph said.
To use our online services, visit our official website at octaxcol.com.