Don’t waste your time waiting in line for motor vehicle services. There’s a smarter way. Schedule an appointment or get in line virtually with SmartPass.
1. Select an Office Location
Click on the office you’d like to visit below; there are seven conveniently located across Orange County.
2. Provide Your Information
Enter your cell phone number and select the reason for your visit, such as a Driver License or Title transaction.
3. Schedule an Appointment
Select the date and time of your visit. Your appointment will be seen on time, so be prompt. There’s no need to check in when you arrive. Just take a seat and we’ll call the last four digits of your cell phone.
Get in Line Virtually
You don’t have to be in our office to be in line. Get in line virtually from anywhere and we’ll send you text messages estimating the time at which you’ll be seen. We’ll also let you know when you’re next in line.
Estimated Wait Times for Walk-Ins (Last Updated: 9:58 am)
Customers who get in line with SmartPass will be seen at or near their estimated time; appointments are given priority. We serve customers from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM on Wednesdays). Lines may close early if we are at capacity. Appointments are required for road tests.
Texting with SmartPass is easy
- Text “S” to find out how much time you have until you’re next in line;
- Text “M” to add time to your wait time;
- Text “L” to leave the line before you’re seen;
- Text “C” to cancel your appointment. You can reschedule when you’re ready; and
- Text “H” for more helpful information about SmartPass.