Residents who are currently REAL ID compliant may renew or obtain a duplicate copy of their driver license or State ID, including a change of address, online through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ gorenew.com website.
To renew online, customers will need to provide their:
- Last Name;
- Date of Birth;
- Street Address, City, State and Zip Code; and
- Additional Information
- Florida residents with a Social Security Number – Complete Social Security Number OR the last 5 digits of your Social Security Number and Florida Driver License or State ID Number, Title Number, License Plate Number, Documented Vessel Number or Vessel FL Number.
- Everyone else – Title Number, License Plate Number, Documented Vessel Number or Vessel FL Number.
Our office issues REAL ID compliant Florida Driver Licenses and State Identification Cards. The Federal REAL ID Act of 2005 requires original or certified copies of certain documents to renew or obtain a Driver’s License or State ID. REAL ID compliant Florida licenses and IDs are indicated by a star in the upper right hand corner of the ID. Customers who are currently REAL ID compliant do not need to provide REAL ID documents again unless the customer needs to change their name or address.
For more information on the REAL ID Act, visit the Department of Homeland Security.
Driver License Document Requirements
Customers must provide three different categories of documents to obtain or renew a Driver License at our office.
- Birth Certificate or Proof of Legal Presence. U.S. Citizens: Provide an original or certified copy of your Birth Certificate or a valid U.S. Passport. (Hospital certificates are not accepted.)
Non-Citizens: Provide original proof of legal presence, such as a Green Card.
- Proof of Social Security Number. Original Social Security Card, W-2 Form, 1099 Form or pay stub with your full name and social security number. (Copies are not accepted.)
- Two Proofs of Residential Address. Common forms are a lease agreement, phone or electric bill, vehicle registration or title, bank statement or insurance policy. (Copies are accepted.)
Specific document requirements may vary depending on the individual. For more information, visit GatherGoGet.
Has Your Name Changed?
If a customer’s name on their identification documents do not match their current legal name, customers will need to show an original or certified copy of their marriage certificate(s) or other legal documents to prove current name. (Photocopies are not accepted.)
|Original/Renewal of Class E Driver’s Licenses||$54.25|
|Replacement/Update of Driver’s License||$31.25|
|Original/Renewal/Replacement State ID||$31.25|
|Additional Endorsements on License (motorcycle, hazmat, etc)||$7.00 each|
|Driver’s License late fee (applied the day after expiration)||$15.00|
|Three Year Driving Record||$14.25|
|Seven Year/Complete Driving Record||$16.25|
*All fees are set by the State of Florida
The Official Florida Driver’s Handbook is produced by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. The guide has the information drivers need to prepare for the Florida Driver License Class E knowledge and skills exams and to help drive safely and lawfully.
Emergency Contact Information
Emergency Contact Information (ECI) is a secure Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles system that only law enforcement nation-wide can access in order to contact your designated family or friends in response to an emergency situation.
Notice to Puerto Rican Customers
Puerto Rican customers must present a birth certificate that was issued after July 1, 2010. Puerto Ricans may renew their license up to 90 days prior to their birth month. For more information, contact the Puerto Rican Federal Affairs Administration at (202) 778.0710 or call our Motorist Services Center at (407) 845.6200.